AntiHook is a unique desktop-based Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) product. AntiHook dynamically protects your privacy, operating system and applications from malicious software such as unseen viruses, Spyware, Rootkits, Keyloggers, Code Injection, and Trojans.
Exhaustive Realtime Protection - AntiHook detects and prevents attacks in real-time, following the rule "prevention is better than cure".
Complementary to existing firewalls and virus protection - AntiHook is complementary with all other computer protection systems including anti-virus, firewall and anti-spyware systems. AntiHook will even protect these other systems by preventing unauthorised termination of processes and services.
AntiHook provides Zero-Day Protection - this is immediate protection from new and emerging threats. Be protected by AntiHook even before your other security products have been updated with new signature datafiles.
No Updates Required - AntiHook is a behaviour based product and works as a complete standalone program and does not require constant update of data definitions.
AntiHook ensures the integrity of the operating system by blocking and reporting any suspicious activity, including the following:
* Stop the launching of any malicious applications and processes,
* Prevent the termination of your critical security applications (e.g. Firewall, Anti-Virus),
* Stops Malicious Software from modifying the memory space of another application and executing malicious code,
* Prevents Kernel Rootkits from installing and maliciously altering the Windows operating system,
* Be alerted to any registration of programs for loading on PC start-up or system login, and for any Malicious System-wide Windows hooks being implemented.
Use AntiHook on your Windows systems to complete the security of your system and privacy. AntiHook will protect where other systems fail and will give you back control over the software that is allowed to run on your system.
» version 188.8.131.52 - posted on 2006-11-05
Version 3.0 is a major new release with improved features, performance and security.
EULA - End User License Agreement
Please Note: AntiHook 3.0 is not freeware. It is commercially available software for which a software license must be purchased unless a license is otherwise specifically granted by InfoProcess Pty Ltd.
Please read the following agreement carefully.
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR INFOPROCESS ANTIHOOK
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THIS SOFTWARE: THIS END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA") IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (AN INDIVIDUAL, HEREAFTER REFERRED TO AS "YOU" OR "LICENSEE") AND INFOPROCESS PTY LTD. ("INFOPROCESS " OR "LICENSOR") FOR THE SOFTWARE IDENTIFIED ABOVE, WHICH INCLUDES COMPUTER PROGRAMMING CODE AND INCLUDES ALL ASSOCIATED MEDIA, PRINTED MATERIALS, AND "ONLINE" OR ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTATION ("SOFTWARE"). BY CLICKING ON THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON DURING INSTALLATION, OR BY OTHERWISE INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS EULA, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.
The Software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Software is licensed, not sold.
1. SINGLE-USER LICENSE. InfoProcess grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to do the following: (i) install and use the Software on a single computer; (ii) copy the Software for back-up or archival purposes in accordance with your standard back-up or archival procedures. The Software may only be installed on one computer at a time.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS. You may not do the following: (i) reverse engineer, decompile, translate, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Software, or authorize any third party to do any of the foregoing (ii) modify, or create derivative works based upon the Software, in whole or in part; (iii) distribute copies of the Software; (iv) remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software; or (v) resell, lease, rent, transfer, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software. The Software is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer. InfoProcess reserves any rights in the Software not expressly granted to you in this EULA. Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, InfoProcess may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with any of its terms and conditions. Upon notification of such termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software and all of its component parts.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. All interest in any copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trademarks and any other intellectual property rights in and to the Software (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets" incorporated into the Software), the accompanying materials (if any), and any copies of the Software, are owned by InfoProcess or its suppliers. Therefore, you must treat the Software like any other material protected by intellectual property laws.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, InfoProcess and its suppliers provide to You the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and Support Services AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS; and InfoProcess and its suppliers hereby disclaim with respect to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and Support Services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. ALSO THERE IS NO WARRANTY, DUTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT AND ANY SUPPORT SERVICES REMAINS WITH YOU.
5. EXPORT LAW. You acknowledge that the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is of Australian origin. You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, including the Australian. Customs (Prohibited Exports) Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by Australia and other governments.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES. Notwithstanding any damages that You might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Info Process and any of its suppliers under any provision of this EULA and Your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by You for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or U.S.$5.00. The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
7. APPLICABLE LAW. This EULA is governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales and all courts having jurisdiction to hear appeals there from.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA which is included with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT) is the entire agreement between You and Info Process relating to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and the Support Services (if any) and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or any other subject matter covered by this EULA. To the extent the terms of any Info Process policies or programs for Support Services conflict with the terms of this EULA, the terms of this EULA shall control.
(c)Copyright 1999 - 2007 InfoProcess Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Protected by copyright and licenses restricting use, copying, distribution and decompilation.